• Issue category: Developer Tools
  • Device type & OS version: iOS
  • Host machine & OS version: Mac on Big Sur 11.5.2
  • Issue Environment : Unity Editor
  • Firebase version: 8.7.0
  • ARDK version: v1.1.0
  • Unity version: 2019.4.22f1 & 2019.4.34f1

Description of the issue:

I am working combine Firebase + ARDK. The Firebase function is basic adding data to Firebase.firestore. It is working fine on Unity Editor without ARDK importing, even build on iOS device.

Then I imported the ARDK (only Firebase script without any ARDK stuff in scene), then it crash after Editor playing. But if I remove ARDK folder, then everything work well.

It always crash if Firebase & ARDK be together. I asked on Discord and @DiegoUSDZ tell me his solution. But even I try his method, it is still crashing after press play button.

Do anyone meet the same issue or work ARDK+Firebase well?

1 Like

Hello Wu Kuan Ying,

We are sorry to hear that you’re experiencing this issue. Can you please confirm which Mac model you are using? If you are using Mac M1, it’s possible that the issue that you are seeing is related to the M1 processor not being officially supported yet. We have a workaround for such an issue here.

In the meantime, if you have any screenshots or other information that describes your issue in detail, please share that here, as it could potentially be helpful while we look into the problem.

1 Like

Hi Wu Kuan Ying,

Are you seeing “QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a different thread” errors in Unity? Is this only happening when you try and run in the Unity Editor, but not if you deploy and run on a mobile device? You might need to try the following workaround:

Note that this is only for trying to get Firebase+ARDK working in the Unity Editor, and you should not use this workaround when deploying to a mobile device. Also, this workaround disables some ARDK networking and virtual studio features.

1 Like

I am using the Intel Mac (MBP 15" 2015).

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.
I tried this solution, but it is still crashing the editor.

1 Like

Hello Wu Kuan Ying,

Thanks for sharing that info.

Can you please try by,
removing the **MacOS **folder from the ARDK/Plugins/unity_exports/ardk_client_platform/Plugins.
Hope it will help to resolve your issue!

If the issue still persists, please share some details such as screenshots, error messages, console logs, etc. and we’ll see what we can figure out.

1 Like

It is working!!
Should I need to put it back when building for mobile app?

1 Like

Hello Wu Kuan Ying,

Glad that you were able to resolve the issue.

Yes, you can put the MacOS folder back when building for the mobile app. This folder should not affect builds for mobile devices.

1 Like