• Issue category: Image Detection
  • Device type & OS version: Android
  • Host machine & OS version: Windows
  • Issue Environment : On Device
  • Xcode version: N/A
  • ARDK version: 2.4.1
  • Unity version: 2021.3.16f1

Description of the issue:

I asked this question on the Discord but figured I put it here for google indexing. I’m trying to use ArUco markers for image detection. When I would run it on my android device it would give me a InvalidReferenceImage error. After some digging I discovered the arcoreimg tool provided by google. I ran multiple ArUco markers through it and all of them seem to have too little keypoints for use in arcore. I’m wondering if there is anything I could do to fix this because I want the markers to be detected from as far away as possible. ArUco markers are widely used in computer vision so I’m pretty sure it can be an effective marker. Thank you for any help.

Hi @Patrick_Stoebenau,

Lightship image detection is more tuned to detect complex images with distinct features rather than fiducial markers. However, there is an included implementation of ZXing for detecting QR codes – the Niantic.ARDK.Utilities.QR.ZXingBarcodeParser class – which may be able to suit your needs. Have you had an opportunity to test QR codes for your use-case?

Additionally, Lightship image detection for Android devices requires that reference images be at least 300x300 pixels. Can you confirm that your reference images meet the minimum dimension requirements?