Can't get example scene from example package to work

• Issue category: Unity Example Package
  • Device type & OS version: Samsung S8 Android 9
  • Host machine & OS version: Windows 8.1
  • Issue Environment : On Device

Bug reproduction steps:

I can’t get the “image detection” scene from the example package to work. I followed everything here to the letter, but I get this error on logcat

When the app runs, it’s all black, and when I try to tap on “Run AR”, this happens

Do you get any errors when you press play in-editor?

Nope. No errors in the editor.

Hi Marcus,

I attempted to replicate this issue with a Samsung device a couple of times but did not run into it. I will provide a few recommendations below, however, aside from that, I would highly recommend reaching out to the Unity forums with this question. It seems to pertain more towards the Unity Editor than with ARDK.

I noticed that these error messages are referring to Adaptive Performance. Can you go into the Package Manager (Window → Package Manager) and see if you have the regular Adaptive Performance or the Adaptive Performance Samsung Android?

Since you are on a Samsung, I would recommend using the Samsung one if you do not have it installed. If you already have this installed, try uninstalling it and reinstalling it OR try using the regular Adaptive Performance package instead.