• Issue category: Meshing / Image Targets
  • Device type & OS version: iOS / iOS14/15 and others
  • Host machine & OS version: Mac
  • Issue Environment : On Device
  • Xcode version: 13.2.1
  • ARDK version: 1.0.1
  • Unity version: 2020.3.1.3

Description of the issue:
On Some iPhone devices, when the ar session initializes to the point where it prompts the user to accept Camera permissions the app just crashes instead of displaying the option to accept camera permissions. The iPhones that are having this problem also dont even show the app at all in the device settings to try to manually enabled it. However on other iPhones, running the same iOS versions, it works fine. Im very confused, and im very close to a deadline. Any help would be much apreciated!

Hi Scott,

On iOS, an app without camera usage text will just crash to the home screen as soon as a camera permission is needed. So to fix this issue you would just need to add a text string to the “Camera Usage Description” field in your project’s Player Settings.
**( File > Build Settings > Player Settings > Player > Other Settings). **Attached screenshot for your reference.

Hope it will help to resolve your issue.

I do have those set, however upon further testing it seems to have something to do with either creating image targets async, or with starting the session async to add image target library. I have one device that wont crash as long as I run the session normally and not async, creating images async doesnt cause a issue. And than another device that still crashes if the images are creating async but session run normally. But that same device doesnt crash as long as I do nothing async.

Note: No problems on android no matter the method used.

Hi Scott,

Could you please share some more details such as the device model, any screenshots, or any logs from your device that show up when the application crashes? It could potentially be helpful while we look into the problem.
Also, could you please download the latest version of ARDK? You can find the latest version here: https://lightship.dev/account/downloads.

Happening on the iPhone 12 mini, and iPhone XR in our testing so far. Working fine on IPhone 13 and IPhone 12 Pro.

Heres our crash log:
vKRtxn4BrOzEqtgoEH6H_data (2).json (116.0 KB)

Can confirm the same issues happen on ARDK 1.1.0

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your patience. We are looking into this issue. In the meantime, can you please share the symbolicated crash logs? It would help us in our investigation of your request.

Check out this link for more information on how to symbolicate a log: https://developer.apple.com/documentation/xcode/adding-identifiable-symbol-names-to-a-crash-report

Hi Scott,

It’s been a while since we requested more information, but have yet to hear back? Are you still experiencing this issue?