Error: "Add the ARDK_MockWorld layer to the Layers list (Edit > ProjectSettings > Tags and Layers) in order to render in Mock AR sessions." when press Play button in scene "SemanticSegmentation"

Hi all,
I am following the video at the link as below to try running the demo example in Unity.
https://lightship.dev/docs/getting_started.html

My Unity 's version is 2019.4.28f1, the build settings is Android and os is win 10. After imported the ARDK and the example scene packages in the Unity, pressed play button then this error is occured.

#Niantic.ARDK.Helpers.ARRenderingManager#: Add the ARDK_MockWorld layer to the Layers list (Edit > ProjectSettings > Tags and Layers) in order to render in Mock AR sessions.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object)
Niantic.ARDK.Utilities.Logging.UnityARLogHandler:Error (string) (at Assets/ARDK/Utilities/Logging/LogHandler/UnityARLogHandler.cs:41)
Niantic.ARDK.Utilities.Logging.ARLog:_Error (string) (at Assets/ARDK/Utilities/Logging/ARLog.cs:202)
Niantic.ARDK.Helpers.ARRenderingManager:ARSessionFactory_SessionInitialized (Niantic.ARDK.AR.ARSessionEventArgs.AnyARSessionInitializedArgs) (at Assets/ARDK/Extensions/ARRenderingManager.cs:253)
Niantic.ARDK.AR.ARSessionFactory:_InvokeSessionInitialized (Niantic.ARDK.AR.IARSession,bool) (at Assets/ARDK/AR/ARSessionFactory.cs:243)
Niantic.ARDK.AR.ARSessionFactory:Create (Niantic.ARDK.RuntimeEnvironment,System.Guid) (at Assets/ARDK/AR/ARSessionFactory.cs:83)
Niantic.ARDK.AR.ARSessionFactory:_Create (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable1<Niantic.ARDK.RuntimeEnvironment>,System.Guid) (at Assets/ARDK/AR/ARSessionFactory.cs:174) Niantic.ARDK.AR.ARSessionFactory:_Create (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable1<Niantic.ARDK.RuntimeEnvironment>,System.Guid) (at Assets/ARDK/AR/ARSessionFactory.cs:183)
Niantic.ARDK.AR.ARSessionFactory:Create (System.Guid) (at Assets/ARDK/AR/ARSessionFactory.cs:33)
Niantic.ARDK.AR.ARSessionFactory:Create (Niantic.ARDK.RuntimeEnvironment,System.Guid) (at Assets/ARDK/AR/ARSessionFactory.cs:54)
Niantic.ARDK.Extensions.ARSessionManager:Create () (at Assets/ARDK/Extensions/ARSessionManager.cs:237)
Niantic.ARDK.Extensions.ARSessionManager:CreateAndRun () (at Assets/ARDK/Extensions/ARSessionManager.cs:264)
Niantic.ARDK.Extensions.ARSessionManager/<>c__DisplayClass27_0:b__0 () (at Assets/ARDK/Extensions/ARSessionManager.cs:171)
Niantic.ARDK.Utilities._CallbackQueue:_ConsumeQueue () (at Assets/ARDK/Utilities/_CallbackQueue.cs:72)
Niantic.ARDK.Utilities._CallbackQueue:Update () (at Assets/ARDK/Utilities/_CallbackQueue.cs:111)

Hope someone can help on this problems.

Thanks
San

OK, i fixed this issue. I added the “ARDK_MockWorld” layer in the scene and the error is gone…

Hope this solution can help someone also meet this problems.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.