Error message when building

sure here it is.

What happens when you remove the androidmanifest

it errors out and then rebuilds it. then gives the same error.

I can’t help if you’re not specific with ‘some errors’. What if you uncheck custom android manifest in project settings?

that says same error. the colliding attributes.

and i do not have custom selected.

Then there shouldn’t be an android manifest. Can’t help much more sadly, but that’s a weird bug

ok thank you for all the help. im still waiting to hear back from unity support. but thank you for all your help! and if you get any ideas let me know.

Hey @kyle_smith ,
Yea this is really weird… Here’s what I want to do and sorry if it feels repetitive but until I can reproduce I can’t really help… I need you to take me step by step on how you are building, preferably using one of the Lightship Templates, so I can have the same project.
and by step by step I mean, create new project, select 3d mobile game, import ardk, import Lightship, etc…

No you’re good. So all I’m doing is I launch a new unity project select AR mobile template open it import the ADRK from lightship open the unity sample ar scene, put a game object in it and then select build, just to see what it does at that stage that’s when I get the error.

Don’t use the AR template from Unity. Only use that if you ise Unity 's AR foundation or code directly to arcore/arkit. The XR management probably is enabled in your project with issues
Make a blank project and import the ardk there

@kyle_smith ,
While I’m not 100% sure that this is the root cause, I agree with Dylan, try out a blank project or a 3D Mobile project… There is a possibility that AR Core is colliding with the ARDK but even if it isn’t, having the project be as bare bones as possible would help to pinpoint what is going on.

I have tried that I made a blank project with no AR core and no ADRK and it built perfectly fine no issues. On my project I tried disableling the AR core where it doesn’t build with it. And it built no issue, but when the game launched nothing worked it was just a black screen, when I researched online when you have that issue the first and everything that they say is that you have to have the AR core turned on for unity 2021 to build any type of AR application.

That is if you use ar foundation. You do not need to touch ar foundation for ardk!
The black screen is another issue. Did you follow the starting guides on the docs?

thanks @Dylan_Smit !
You’re right, there’s no need to bring anything to the project besides the ARDK, but the black screen is a kind of a generic issue, that can be caused by a whole lot of different reasons, from camera permissions to mesh placements. This post lists a bunch of common solutions that might help with that.
And yea, seems that you might be following too many guides, how about you give this one a try. That way if the error persists I should be able to reproduce it too.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.