Event or callback when a new VPS is scanned and localized

• Issue category: VPS
  • Device type & OS version: iOS
  • Host machine & OS version: Mac
  • Xcode version: 13.4.1
  • ARDK version: 2.2.1
  • Unity version: 2020.3.19f

Description of the issue:
I need to make an app, where i scan a series of VPS and for each of them i have a video.
I managed to do something similar using the WayspotAnchorExample, i can Localize the user after the scan of a VPS, and i can place anchors and attach a video to the anchor.
But the process of mapping the tour is problematic, because i need to Restart the Session for every VPS, or the anchor will be attached to the same VPS.
I would like to use 1 Anchor for 1 VPS so the drift will be reduced, but i’m unable to find a method or a callback that inform the app when a new VPS is scanned. I know that it is scanned because it loads the anchor attached to it.
Is there a callback or an event that i can monitor to determine if a new VPS is scanned ? After the user Localization ?

Thanks

Hello Simone,

Did you try setting ”WayspotAnchorsConfiguration.ContinuousLocalizationEnabled” to true? With this VPS will continue to localize after initial localization. As this will happen in a single session, no need to restart the session every time. This can also help to avoid drift in longer(10+ minutes) VPS sessions. You can read more about Continuous Localization here.

Hope this helps you to resolve your issue and proceed further.

Hello Umaiya

Yes i am using the WayspotAnchorsConfiguration.ContinuousLocalizationEnabled, and i think is working butm i have no event or way to know if a new VPS has been localized , so i can’t be sure if i am going to set the Anchor for a new point or the old one.