Interact with the actual world object?

So on the lightship website, I saw one example: throw a dice and the dice bounce to the wall(Real world) and bounce back. How do I add collider into the mesh that I scanned? I know that you can download the mesh that you uploaded. But what I mean is if you can place an object on top of the triangle, meaning it recognises the object right? Then how to add collider into it?

Hi,

To add the collider use the Mesh Collider then select your preferred mesh prefab. It will recognize the object. Let me know if you have any problems.

1 Like

I think what I mean is I want to add a collider into the object that I scanned, instead of the object that I have spawned. Because like the ARDK example where you can place a cube, if I add a rigid body to the cube and add force, it should bounce to the real-world object that I have scanned. But it didn’t, Although my cube has a collider on it, In order to have the cube bounce back it requires the real-world object have a collider as well. So what i want to know is how to add a collider into the object that I scanned. In addition, when you place an object on top of the real-world object that you scanned doesn’t mean it has a collider on it. I think one of the example videos explained it .

You’re probably looking for this page: Advanced Tutorial: Meshing and Collisions — Niantic Lightship Augmented Reality Developer Kit release-2.1 documentation

Hi,

The tutorial Jimmy posted will be helpful. Let me know if you need more assistance.

Thanks, Jimmy.