Issue on Android

Include the following details while filing a bug report (edit as applicable):

• Issue category: Semantic Segmentation / Multiplayer / Real-time Mapping-Depth / ARDK Documentation / Unity Example Package / Sample App aka ‘AR Voyage’ / ARDK Virtual Studio Tools / Developer Tools / Networking
  • Device type & OS version: Android / iOS / Other Ex. iPhone 8+ on iOS 13
  • Host machine & OS version: Mac / Windows / Linux / Other Ex. Mac on Big Sur x.x
  • Issue Environment : Unity Remote / Unity Mock / On Device / Dev Portal
  • Xcode version:
  • ARDK version:
  • Unity version:

Bug reproduction steps:

Start AR application from Test ARSDK items, and get a message stating need the latest Google Play Services for AR, even though latest is installed. Cannot get past this message on Android. Same project works when built for iOS.

Unity: 2020.3.12f1
Android Phone: Any
Google Play Services for AR: v1.30.220390183
Plane Anchros

Hi @Tucker_Langseth, have you had a chance to check out our documentation on building for Android?

Under the section “Building for Android 11 (API level 30) and higher” there are instructions on how to set up your project with the necessary manifest tag so that this issue does not occur.

Since you’re on Unity 2020.3 LTS, you can ignore the part about installing gradle v5.6.4 or higher, but if you want to target Android 11 or above, you will need to follow the steps to edit your custom AndroidManifest.xml file to add the needed tag.

If you don’t need to target Android 11 or higher, you can also set your target API Level to API Level 29 in your project’s Android specific Player Settings.

If you are still running into the issue after trying the above, please let us know and we will take a look.

Thanks!

Hello @David_Quevedo , I am currently having issue on this, and i am unable to solve it, I am using unity 2020.3 LTS, so i ignored the part about installing gradle v5.6.4 or higher, and I need to build for android 11 and higher in the future, any help can be provided please?

Hi @Leneveu_Steeven , there can be several versions on the AndroidManifest.xml file in your project, so you might be running into an issue where you’re editing the wrong one. Would you mind trying the steps that are listed in this related post, and let me know if that resolves the issue?