• Issue category: Developer Tools /
  • Device type & OS version: OS
  • Host machine & OS version: Mac
  • Issue Environment : On Device / Dev Portal
  • Xcode version:13
  • ARDK version:3.4
  • Unity version:2022.3.33f1

Description of the issue:

Ligthship Simulation can’t generate mesh in testing environment.
Used NormalMeshes scene from Lightship Samples.
Instructions from the below link applied:

Hi Grzegorz,

Are you only seeing this issue while in the Simulation? What about when you deploy your app to your device? Do you have an AROcclusionManager in your scene? It’s a requirement for meshing to function.

Kind regards,
Maverick L.

Hi,
I can’t build this to test on the device. Xcode throws a warning and doesn’t finish the build process:

“Run script build phase ‘Run Script’ will be run during every build because it does not specify any outputs. To address this warning, either add output dependencies to the script phase, or configure it to run in every build by unchecking “Based on dependency analysis” in the script phase.”

It works perfect on playback using recording (see below picture). Adding AROcclusionManager didn’t help. Only thing I noticed that with AROcclusion mesh is worse (when using playback). It dissapears sometimes.

Hi Grzegorz,

For the Xcode related issues: I would close out of Xcode and perform a clean of the build files. Before generating a new build, make sure you have followed all the instructions here: https://lightship.dev/docs/ardk/setup/#configure-your-mobile-platform.

The AROcclusionManager is a requirement for meshing to work. To stop the mesh from being occluded, change the Occlusion Preference Mode to NoOcclusion under the options in the Inspector for the AROcclusionManager.

Are you seeing any error messages or warnings in the console when you run the Simulation? If so, please share them here. What does your simulation environment look like in the Inspector?

Best,
Maverick L.