• Issue category: Real-time Mapping-Depth
  • Device type & OS version: Android
  • Host machine & OS version: Windows
  • Issue Environment : On Device
  • Xcode version:
  • ARDK version:
  • Unity version: 2019.4.35f1

Description of the issue:

1. I would like to load a saved mesh in a non mock mode, i.e. look at it on the device (android). All the examples I have seen load the mesh in mock mode. Can you please direct me to documentation which would help me do so?
  2. How can a saved mesh be loaded in VR? As seen in the Global Jam Project - The Metaverse Park

Thanks in advance!

Hi Kyzyl, our advanced meshing documentation will guide you on how to extract a mesh file on an Android device. If you are still having trouble make sure your build is set up correctly to build for Android.

We have enabled saving mesh sequences in MeshSaver so it may benefit you to update to the newest version of ARDK v1.2. Release Notes.

To create something similar to the Metaverse Park, start with the Garden Chunk tutorial.

Also, the shared experience video was mentioned in the Global Jam Project to include others in your experience.

Hey @Moranda_Nalls1,
I can successfully save the mesh in the device; however, loading the saved mesh is an issue. I want to load it on the device; would that be possible?

Thank you for the Garden Chunk Tutorial. I’ll be following that tutorial.

Hi Kyzyl, the mock mesh loading uses the MockDetectableBase class. You are able to use this class by changing the code below. Unfortunately, the code is not provided. Thanks.

Hi Kyzyl, to add to the previous comment, the solution would be to create an instance of a FileARMesh, which implements IARMesh and either use the mesh data directly from there or use/reference MeshObjectsGenerator to turn that data into Unity mesh objects. Thanks