Need some help for the objects placing on the floor using the Basic Placement Tutorial?

• Unity version: 2020.3.17f1
  • ARDK version: 1.2.0
  • Device type & OS version: Android - OnePlus 9 Pro
  • Host machine & OS version: Windows 10

Description of the issue:

Hi All, I am in the process of building one demo using the LightShip SDK. I am placing the objects on the floor using the Basic Placement Tutorial (Niantic AR Development Kit (ARDK): Basic Placement Tutorial)

I need some help for the following scenario :

After placing the objects on the floor the objects are moving along with the camera, Please check the below video:

In my case, the placed objects should not move along with the camera (I.e. The Object should be in the same position as the initial position)

Can anyone please help me to solve this issue?

Hi Akhil,

Is the object on the floor part of your Unity scene prior to running the application on device? Pre-placing an object in this way can cause issues similar to what you’re experiencing. The tutorials are designed to first create a mesh and then instantiate objects onto viable mesh surfaces.

If that doesn’t help, could you try building in a more suitable environment? Reflective and shiny surfaces as shown in your video create discrepancies and inaccuracies with the mesh. If that’s not feasible, getting a wider scan area by moving around your current environment can help build the mesh properly.

Hi Stacy_Clifton, Thank you so much for your response.

I have instantiated the objects on the floor after creating the mesh. After placing the object on the floor I have cleared all the planes due to this reason there are no meshes in the video that I have shared.

I will try in another environment and will get back to you.

Thank you.

Hi Akhil,

Were you able to test your build in a different environment with better results?

Please let me know if you were able to resolve the issue or would like further assistance.

Hi Akhil,

It’s been a few days since your last reply. Since we haven’t heard back we will be closing this thread._ _If you are still experiencing issues, please open a new topic.