Niantic Wayfarer App for Android doesn't work in Europe

How can I use Niantic Wayfarer App in beta on Android ? Unfortunately, the link for the Android Beta app is not working.
Maybe the app works only in the US?
But I live in Poland.

Hi Constantine,

The Niantic Wayfarer app should be accessible from your location. Can you provide a screenshot of the error message you receive when trying to download it from the Google Play store?

Thank you for the screenshot, Constantine.

We’re investigating the issue internally and will update you with additional information as it becomes available.

Hi Constantine!

Would you mind providing the make, model, and os version of the Android device you’re trying to install this on?

Thank you.
I checked my region and saw that I didn’t change the Android region from Ukraine to Poland when relocated.

Now, all is OK. Thank you!

1 Like

Awesome! Happy to hear that everything is working now.

We have one problem with the Android app.
Some devices don’t work after launch.

My device had the same problem.
But I switch on Geolocation on my tablet and restarted the app. After that, the app worked normally.
But two other devices (our developers) haven’t resolved it.

Maybe you have some ideas about that?

Hmm, that is interesting. Anecdotally I’ve noticed something similar when trying to start the app in a low coverage area. Do you or your teammates notice this behaviour regardless of how strong your connection is?

Here are some things to try:

• As you mentioned, double checking that the location and camera permission is enabled would be the first thing.
  • Clear out cache and data. Make sure to upload any scans in the logbook before doing this.
  • If neither of those things work it might be worth it to try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

If that doesn’t work can you provide a bit more information so that we can investigate this further?

• Does it just kind of get stuck on a white screen like in the picture or are there other things that happen?
  • Can you please send over their device information so that we can rule that out as a probable cause. Just the model and OS version should be sufficient.