Pong HLAPI is.. hard to use

I built the Pong HLAPI demo and can’t get it work. Sure I’m a dev, but I’m also human and like good UX! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I sync with two LiDAR equiped iPhone, until stable. Then a start buttno appears once (without anything showing in the scene). Pressing the start button gives a (hidden!) error message in the log that you have to open and it says something about incorrect size. I tried in my pretty large and minimalistic living room with lots of space. It is unclear what the app expects and it is harsh to only give the user one chance to place the game! :sob:

Hi @Jelmer_Verhoog ,
Yea I can see how the sample can be confusing to use.
But I’m not able to reproduce this error…When I tried, it just built and ran with no problems, so it’s not like the sample is completely broken.
So I’m going to need to ask a few things move forward. First, on the error:

sync with two LiDAR equiped iPhone, until stable. Then a start buttno appears once (without anything showing in the scene). Pressing the start button gives a (hidden!) error message in the log that you have to open and it says something about incorrect size.

In theory, once both phones have localized, you should see a ball appear on top of the object you used to localize along with the start button. So here we probably already have a problem. Is there a way you can try and get the exact error message you are getting? Also, does it happen immediately after pressing start? or at what point?

It is unclear what the app expects and it is harsh to only give the user one chance to place the game!

Yea… keep in mind the examples are not meant to be complete usable games, but rather just showcase features, so yea UX was the last priority. Having said that, if you have specific ideas on how we could make it friendlier to use maybe I can push those as feature requests. Things like “It’d be great to have a reset button” or “add a logger UI text box?” that sort of specific requests are much easier to push.