Include the following details (edit as applicable):
ARDK Documentation / Unity Example Package /

• Device type & OS version/ iOS / Other Ex. iPhone SE + on iOS 15.4.1
  • Host machine & OS version: Mac on Monterrey 12.3
  • Issue Environment : Unity Remote / Unity Mock
  • Xcode version: 13.3
  • ARDK version: 1.3.1
  • Unity version: 2020.3.31f1

Description of the issue: Build completed with a result of ‘Failed’ in 18 seconds (18322 ms)
UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+BuildMethodException: 4 errors
at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+DefaultBuildMethods.BuildPlayer (UnityEditor.BuildPlayerOptions options) [0x002be] in /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:190
at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.CallBuildMethods (System.Boolean askForBuildLocation, UnityEditor.BuildOptions defaultBuildOptions) [0x00080] in /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:95
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&) (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:189)

Are you maybe using Mono as Scripting Backend? If yes, you should probably try to choose IL2CPP according to the documentation

Thanks,

I’ll try the way you mention.

Regards.

Hello Jorge – Welcome to the Lightship development community!

We were able to replicate the error messages you reported by leaving the Camera Usage Description and Location Usage Description fields blank under Edit > Project Settings > Player > Other Settings > Configuration.

In order to build to your iOS device, the Camera Usage Description and Location Usage Description fields need to contain a descriptive message such as “Required for AR”.

Can you confirm that your project’s Camera Usage Description and Location Usage Description fields contain a descriptive message?

Hello Jorge,

Have you been able to resolve the errors by adding descriptions to the Camera Usage Description and Location Usage Description fields?

If you’re still experiencing the errors, I’d be happy to help troubleshoot the issue further.

Continuing the discussion from Problems building:

Lightship tutorial video says to write “Lightship ARDK” both at the Camera Usage Description and the Location Usage Description. Do I need to change for Required AR ínstead?

By the way I also downloaded to my project the new ardk-2.0.0- unitypackage and the 2.0.0 examples but it didn’t work, but not only that now I have new errors, take a look at my attachments.

Lightship tutorial video says to write “Lightship ARDK” both at the Camera Usage Description and the Location Usage Description. Do I need to change for Required AR ínstead?

You may include any description of your choice in the Camera Usage Description and Location Usage Description fields, but they must be understandable by your players. Also, apps submitted to Apple for review may be rejected if the descriptions do not accurately identify why you are requesting camera and location permissions.

By the way I also downloaded to my project the new ardk-2.0.0- unitypackage and the 2.0.0 examples but it didn’t work, but not only that now I have new errors, take a look at my attachments.

As for the authentication errors, you will want to follow the Authentication steps in the Lightship documentation to resolve these errors. If you follow those steps, you should have a single ARDKAuthConfig object with an API key in your project hierarchy, located in a /Resources/ARDK folder which you may need to create. Also, you may need to delete a loose ARDKAuthConfig object that comes packaged with ARDK, and you can find that by searching for “ARDKAuthConfig” in the project view.

Thanks I solved the Authentication problem. I tried a new tutorial (placement) but once again I have troubles with the building. When I run the placement project in Unity it works fine, but when I try to build it cant’t do it and throw me back the following errors again. (Watch the attachments).

Hi Jorge,

We searched around the web, and it seems that Unity may throw this error while attempting to build if your project is located on a drive that isn’t your machine’s primary drive.

Can you confirm that your Unity project files are located on your computer’s primary local drive, and not located on a secondary external drive or USB stick? And if your project is located on a secondary drive, could you try moving your project files to your primary drive and building?

Rob, my Unity project files are not located on my computer’s primary local drive those are on an external hard drive. I’ll try to move it to my computer’s primary local drive and let you know if it works. Thanks

It worked I changed my project to my computer’s local drive and could build. Now I need to solve another problem my phone camera just shows me the skybox and nothing else. My Xcode shows these problems!

Can you confirm the following settings on your Camera component?

• Clear Flags: Solid Color
  • Background: Black

camera

Yes Rob, my camera settings are exactly as the ones in the image you sent

Rob I found the problem was so simple, I was building the Sample scene instead the Placement Scene, thanks for your patient.