Questions About VPS

Include the following details (edit as applicable):

• Issue category: VPS / Scanning Framework
  • Device type & OS version: Android

Description of the issue:
I am implementing VPS for private(for now testing purpose) office space for indoor navigation and using Leave messages template Leave Messages – Niantic Lightship to add meaning full messages to the users visiting the office.

Messages will be placed on specific areas like : HR Room, Lab, Canteen etc so that user can easily navigate to those areas by following messages on the way.

Flow below:

1. On entry to the office, on opening the app a target image will be presented to the user to look for
  2. Once user localised with target image, all messages will load for user navigation

My Questions here:

1. Do I need to scan entire office area in one scan or multiples? I am using wayfarer app for scan
  2. If it requires multiple scans then is it required to localised each time?
  3. Is there a way to create Augmented Navigation? - currently I can place AR content, but I want user to select target location and then show a direction

Thank You!

1 Like

Hi and thank you for your questions. VPS anchors work best when they’re centered on one or more identifiable landmarks that the VPS can use to localize against. The rest of the office can also be scanned in and used by your app for mapping purposes and multiple scans can be stitched together with a third-party program like Blender. You’ll only need to localize against the feature you set as a VPS spot

1 Like