• Device type & OS version: Android
  • Host machine & OS version: Windows
  • Issue Environment : Dev Portal
  • Xcode version:
  • ARDK version: 1.2.0
  • Unity version: 2020.3.26f1

Description of the issue:

Goal: Replace the depth API with other pre-trained depth estimation model

1. How does the DepthBuffer generate Raw Depth for each frame?
    After digging into the ARDK code a bit, I found that Awareness/DepthBufferProcessor.cs has variable ‘buffer’ assigned with ‘frame.Depth’ but didn’t get further details on from where the raw depth gets generated at first.

2. How to Use the Playback Feature?
    Does this feature let us provide pre-recorded video as input instead of a live camera feed from the device? If so, how to provide a pre-recorded video in Unity? I could set the Runtime Environment to Playback but didn’t get more information on how to provide the input video.

1. I found out that there are many dlls imported in NativeDepthBuffer.cs file and seems like they are the generators of the Depth attributes.

2. I also got to know Runtime environment can be set from the UI itself.
    But how to provide a prerecorded video as input?

Hello Anusha, are you asking how to import a pre-recorded video as an input in Unity? If so, click GameObject > Video > Video Player. You are also able to import a video as well, and drag it into your assets. I hope this helps.

Hi Moranda,

Using Video Player is fine in Unity. Can ARDK feature be applied for video player?
But is it possible to replace the live camera input from the device with a different video (say pre-captured with some other device)?

I guess, the playback option is only to play the recorded scene from the live device. Its like playing back what the live device has captured.
But I’m looking for something different where we could apply ARDK features to a video captured from a different device.

Hi Anusha, the ability to apply ARDK features to a video captured from a different device is not available at this time.

Ok, thanks for the info.

1 Like