Shader Error in the Voyage Example

• Issue category: ample App aka ‘AR Voyage’
  • Device type & OS version: iOS
  • Host machine & OS version: Mac M1
  • ARDK version: 1.0.1
  • Unity version: 2021.2.3f1

Description of the issue:

When I try to open the Voyage Project I get the following error:
Assets/Modules/Shared/Art/Lighting/LightEstimationHelper.cs(86,42): error CS0165: Use of unassigned local variable ‘normalizedIntensity’

Thanks for any help

Hi Arnaud,

It seems you are building an AR Voyage sample application using “Windows, Mac, Linux” as the platform. We would suggest using iOS as a platform to build this sample application.

Steps to follow

• Open application in Unity Editor
  • Goto File-> Build Settings
  • Select iOS under the platform and click on switch platform.
    You should be able to build the application without any issues.

Hope this helps.

Thanks but I had already switched to the iOS platform when I started working on that project. So the problem wasn’t coming from the platform.

I then identified where the problem was coming from the script ‘LightEstimationHelper’ in which the end of the script had the variable ‘normalizedIntensity’ that didn’t seem to receive a value in the last part of the script for some reason. So I simply commented the last four lines of that script and this did the trick.

Still something worth looking at for the Niantic team since I imagine that ‘normalizedIntensity’ variable has some purpose. I just couldn’t figure out exactly what it does.

Can confirm, I’ve had this same error when importing in Voyage in ARDK for the first time (before being able to choose a build platform), when I switched to iOS, it did remove the error - but I commented out the last 4 lines initially in the file that @Arnaud_Paris mentioned because initially it would open in “Safe Mode” until I resolved that error. I uncommented them out when I switched to iOS build.