• Device type & OS version: Android / iOS
  • Host machine & OS version: Mac
  • Issue Environment : XCode
  • Xcode version: 14.2
  • ARDK version: 2.4.2
  • Unity version: 2021.3.5fi

Bug reproduction steps:

Hi,

I am working on a big project using Lightship ARDK and I recently upgraded to ARDK 2.4.2 from ARDK 2.1. When deploying the project into, my XCode project I am unable to build it due to this Error:

[general] Error loading /var/containers/Bundle/Application/F8E51965-0615-44C4-958B-77B6BDE9AC18/xxx.app/Frameworks/UnityFramework.framework/UnityFramework (140): dlopen(/var/containers/Bundle/Application/F8E51965-0615-44C4-958B-77B6BDE9AC18/xxx.app/Frameworks/UnityFramework.framework/UnityFramework, 0x0109): symbol not found in flat namespace ‘OBJC_CLASS$_ARPlaneAnchor’

I am aware that the Framework dependencies changed by the migration from 2.1 to 2.4.2, from ardk_client_platform.framework and infinitam.framework to only ARDK.framework. Is there any reason for that?

Does anyone know what might be the reason for such a framework problem? I looked into all ARAnchor-related Scripts, but didnt find any differences…

I am using the ARDK project in combination with other libraries in XCode, so far there has never been a problem, so I am very sure the version upgrade is the culprit. Of course it will be hard to reproduce the bug without the other libraries I am using, but any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
Samuel

Hi Samuel,

Have you read through our Upgrading ARDK guide in our manual and all the release notes starting with version 2.2.0? The upgrade from 2.1 to 2.4.2 has a lot of breaking changes that you must account for. If you’re still experiencing problems after following our guide and thoroughly reviewing each version’s release notes, please let us know! I’ll be happy to assist you further!

Best,
-Maverick L.

Hi!

Yeah I have read through all release notes, and all changes should be accounted for. I am only using the Semantic Segmentation and Depth calculation features from ARDK, so all problems with WayspotAnchors etc. shouldnt influence my app.

If you can point me in the right direction, where to look for such framework/building errors, I would really appreciate it!

Bests,
Samuel

I would recommend clearing your caches to make sure that the old ARDK isn’t hanging around anywhere, delete the existing ARDK package, install the newest ARDK package, and then clean and build. Yet, if you’re still having issues I would ask if you could send over a minimal reproduction project with all the dependencies you are using. Don’t hesitate to DM me if you’re uncomfortable sharing that publicly.

I hope that helps!

Thanks! I will notify you when the problem is not resolved. Until then, I will close this Post

Bests,
Samuel

This topic was automatically closed 2 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.