Include the following details (edit as applicable):

• Issue category: Getting Started Unity Project / Unity Example Scenes
  • Device type & OS version: iOS
  • Host machine & OS version: Mac M1 Monterey 12.0.1
  • Issue Environment : Unity Editor
  • ARDK version: 1.1.0
  • Unity version: 2019.4.23 & 2021.2.0

Description of the issue:
I followed the instructions in this post (M1 Support Workaround) to try running the ARDK example projects on Unity on Mac M1. However, after opening an example scene and hitting the play button, I got the following exception:

System.DllNotFoundException: TODO_DOES_NOT_EXIST
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) Niantic.ARDK.Configuration._NativeArdkConfig._NAR_ARDKGlobalConfigHelper_SetContextAwarenessUrl(string)
  at Niantic.ARDK.Configuration._NativeArdkConfig.SetContextAwarenessUrl (System.String url) [0x00001] in /Users/xiliu/Desktop/Unity/ARDKTest/Assets/ARDK/Configuration/_NativeArdkConfig.cs:51 
  at Niantic.ARDK.Configuration.ArdkGlobalConfig.SetContextAwarenessUrl (System.String url) [0x00001] in /Users/xiliu/Desktop/Unity/ARDKTest/Assets/ARDK/Configuration/ArdkGlobalConfig.cs:67 
  at Niantic.ARDK.AR.Configuration._ARConfigurationValidator.SetMissingValues (Niantic.ARDK.AR.Configuration.IARConfiguration config) [0x000a5] in /Users/xiliu/Desktop/Unity/ARDKTest/Assets/ARDK/AR/Configuration/_ARConfigurationValidator.cs:187 
  at Niantic.ARDK.AR.Configuration._ARConfigurationValidator.RunAllChecks (Niantic.ARDK.AR.IARSession arSession, Niantic.ARDK.AR.Configuration.IARConfiguration newConfiguration) [0x00060] in /Users/xiliu/Desktop/Unity/ARDKTest/Assets/ARDK/AR/Configuration/_ARConfigurationValidator.cs:256 
  at Niantic.ARDK.VirtualStudio.AR._MockARSession.Run (Niantic.ARDK.AR.Configuration.IARConfiguration configuration, Niantic.ARDK.AR.ARSessionRunOptions options) [0x00010] in /Users/xiliu/Desktop/Unity/ARDKTest/Assets/ARDK/VirtualStudio/AR/_MockARSession.cs:171 
  at Niantic.ARDK.Extensions.ARSessionManager.Run () [0x00022] in /Users/xiliu/Desktop/Unity/ARDKTest/Assets/ARDK/Extensions/ARSessionManager.cs:258 
  at Niantic.ARDK.Extensions.ARSessionManager.CreateAndRun () [0x00012] in /Users/xiliu/Desktop/Unity/ARDKTest/Assets/ARDK/Extensions/ARSessionManager.cs:267 
  at Niantic.ARDK.Extensions.ARSessionManager+<>c__DisplayClass27_0.<ScheduleCreateAndRunOnNextUpdate>b__0 () [0x00022] in /Users/xiliu/Desktop/Unity/ARDKTest/Assets/ARDK/Extensions/ARSessionManager.cs:171 
  at Niantic.ARDK.Utilities._CallbackQueue._ConsumeQueue () [0x0004b] in /Users/xiliu/Desktop/Unity/ARDKTest/Assets/ARDK/Utilities/_CallbackQueue.cs:72  from context: 
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object)
Niantic.ARDK.Utilities.Logging.UnityARLogHandler:Error (string) (at Assets/ARDK/Utilities/Logging/LogHandler/UnityARLogHandler.cs:41)
Niantic.ARDK.Utilities.Logging.ARLog:_Exception (System.Exception,object) (at Assets/ARDK/Utilities/Logging/ARLog.cs:230)
Niantic.ARDK.Utilities._CallbackQueue:_ConsumeQueue () (at Assets/ARDK/Utilities/_CallbackQueue.cs:77)
Niantic.ARDK.Utilities._CallbackQueue:Update () (at Assets/ARDK/Utilities/_CallbackQueue.cs:111)

Another issue is that the mockup scene and all the buttons except for “Toggle Log” disappeared in game mode.

I am wondering whether it is possible to fix the issues and what functionalities of ARDK are not supported on Mac M1 as of now. Thanks!

It should still build and run properly on devices, but doesn’t work in Play Mode/Mocking. I’ve been caught by this multiple times.

Thank you for making it known this issue persists. The .dll and associated error messages reported are being looked into. We appreciate your patience while a resolution is found.

2 Likes

I am also running into this. I am able to build to device, but cannot use mock mode unfortunately. It would be awesome to have mock mode working properly - would really speed things up. Has anyone found a workaround?

This issue should no longer be occurring in ARDK 1.2.0. Will you please open a new topic for this @Sam_Garfield ?

Please include:

1. What hardware/software versions you are using.
  2. What mock mode are you attempting to use, and in what scene.
  3. Copy/pastes of your console logs.
  4. Repro steps to recreate the issue.