• Issue category: Frame rate in any scene
  • Device type & OS version: Android
  • Host machine & OS version: Windows
  • Issue Environment : On Device
  • Xcode version: n/a
  • ARDK version: 1.0.1
  • Unity version: 2019.4.32

Description of the issue:
So when I build the example scenes to my devices (Samsung 20s) They alll run at beautifully. However when I build out my own scene, doing the exact same functionality as the example scenes im getting what seems like 10 fps or lower, so low that I cant even tap buttons most of the time.

Is anyone else having these issues? Ive gone through the example scenes to find any differences, but I dont see anything in the example scenes that would be responsible for a better framerate.

Im not doing any debugging or developer builds. Just normal builds that should be running at good FR.

Try copying an example scene, and then removing things until it’s a base scene. It may be that the example scenes have a call like Application.targetFrameRate=20 provided in their Example Managers.

Good idea, ill give that a shot after work today

Edit: Unfortunately that did not fix it

Hi,Scott. So sorry you’re having this experience. We saw that some of our sample scenes would dramatically slow down (5-10fps) for various reasons.

Also, device usage (device temperature, RAM usage, length of session, etc) could affect framerate. The camera FrameRate when using the Remote feature on Windows machines is currently severely impacted as well.

This shouldn’t occur on a Mac in ARDK so if you have access to that platform we’d recommend using that for remote. iOS and Android devices should both have decent performance with remote on Mac OS currently. Our team is working on the Windows functionality; keep an eye out for future developments.