Include the following details while filing a bug report (edit as applicable):
Issue category: Real-time Mapping-Depth
Device type & OS version: Android
Host machine & OS version: Windows
Issue Environment : On Device
ARDK version: 1.2
Unity version: 2020.3.25f1
Bug reproduction steps:
- Import ARDK 1.2 and ARDKExamples 1.2
- Run any scene that uses scene tracking
As we can see in the video, everything appears to lag and jitter in the ARDK version 1.2, but when we delete the ARDK and ARDKExamples folder and import the older version of ARDK and ARDKExamples (while everything else stays the same), everything appears smooth again.
In our testing, we did not see any significant performance differences when testing ARDK v1.0 and v1.1 with the Plane Anchors example scene. Both were consistent with the performance in v1.2.
While you did note that we can run any ARDK and ARDK Example that uses tracking, I would like to get some more exact details to see if we can find the cause of the issue that way. Can you answer the following questions:
- What ARDK version did you use to compare against the performance on v1.2?
- What Android device did you build to and what version of Android is it on?
- What examples did you specifically test on? Can I also get the example that you were testing in the video you uploaded?
- Does the sample video you sent use a modified example that includes custom scripts or is the whole scene custom?