What is the expected output of GameBoard?

• Issue category: ARDK Documentation
  • Device type & OS version: Android (S20 Ultra 5G)
  • Host machine & OS version: Windows
  • Issue Environment : On Device
  • ARDK version: 1.2
  • Unity version: 2020.3.26f1

Description of the issue:
What is the expected output of GameBoard scene from the ARDK Examples?
I’m able to see only a black screen. And the log is as shown below.

Hi Anusha,

Have you followed the steps for building an app for Android when building for API 30 or higher? This could help with your camera issue.

Hi Jason,

The device I’m running on is Android 10 with API 29.
When I set the depth manager with Occlusion mode to None, the log no more shows the message it showed earlier. However, the screen is still black.

Hello Anusha,

Have you gone through this documentation? This page offers an overview and a step by step guide on how to set up the scene. Please let us know if this helps. Could you also tell us what version of ARDK you are using and what Unity version you are on?

Hi Jason,

I don’t see the link you are referring but I followed the documentation here: Niantic AR Development Kit (ARDK): Advanced Meshing Tutorial: GameBoard

I’m using ARDK 1.2 and Unity 2020.3.26f1

1 Like

I just found out that Android Permission Requester Component has to be added to the Camera.
Now it shows the live video but the GameBoard Features like Place, Replace and call take too long to process. Is that expected?

Hi Anusha, just running the example scene itself on the device should not have long processing times when you click on any of the buttons. Do you know approximately how long you had to wait for an object to appear/return? Would closing other apps/processes help improve the performance?

Hello again, looks like you haven’t responded in a while. Please feel free to reach out to us again if you have any other questions by starting a new topic!