Add a Map feature prefab instance along the roads

Hi Niantic team,
'Map-Based Resource" demo is helpful for understanding how to palce relavant objects based on MapLayer and Feature settings.
Now I want to place 3d objects(ex: coins) along Roads(ex: path/pedestrian…), but can’t figure out how to do it. It looks only AreaObjectBuilder based features are allowed for building 3d objects at runtime.
Please let me know if you have a description/sample for it, or if it can be added later.

Hey Ian,

Thanks for reaching out. I’m looking into this and I’ll get back to you as soon as I have some information for you!

Hi Ian,

To get an idea of what you’d have to do to achieve this, you’ll want to take a look at the Map-Based Resource sample that you referenced.

Certain resources are spawned depending on the type of area so parks will spawn trees, parking areas will spawn stone, etc… In the sample, this is done in the MapFeaturePrefabSpawner which derives from AreaObjectBuilder.

In order to implement the spawning of coins on roads, you would have to implement your own custom AreaObjectBuilder but for Linear features rather than for area features