AR camera lost after Android device use front-camera to authorize my face to unlock phone

• Device type & OS version: Android/ iOS
  • Host machine & OS version: Mac
  • ARDK version: 2.5.2
  • Unity version: 2022.3.4f

I open AR camera in unity app to using meshing scanner. Then, I let the app to background, lock my Android device

After a few seconds, I unlock by faceId authentication of my Android device, then, open unity app again. I recognize the AR camera was not opened, just leave a black screen with no signal, other game objects is still working.

I guess the AR camera was deprived by system camera to use in authentication when I unlock device.

I take time to find the way to resolve this but did not yet.
Anyone who face with same issue, can you help me to clear this situation?

Thanks for help

Hey Khang,

Let me have a look into this and get back to you. I want to clarify what you mean by meshing scanner. Are you referring to the Scanning Framework or our actual meshing feature?

Hi Jesus,

Yes, I’m using your meshing feature (ARMeshManager)

Hey Khang,

Thank you for your patience. I tested this out on ARDK 2.5.2 as well as ARFoundation and ARDK 3 which integrates with ARFoundation and found that this only happens with 2.5.2 so it’s likely a bug which I will be reporting.

In both ARFoundation and ARDK 3 the ARSession would either resume or restart after attempting to reproduce the issue rather than freezing.

Hey Khang,

This is to let you know that due to the upcoming sunset of ARDK 2.5 in April 2024, this camera control issue will no longer be worked on. I would recommend moving over to ARDK 3 as soon as possible to give yourself sufficient time to port your projects and run through any issues you had in ARDK 2; many of the bugs that users have run into in the past and features that users have requested have been addressed with the integration of ARDK and AR Foundation. If any bugs are still present or there are still features you would like to see, please submit a request on our community forums or Discord server.