• Issue category: ARDK Documentation
  • Device type & OS version: Android
  • Host machine & OS version: Windows
  • Issue Environment : Unity Remote / On Device /
  • Xcode version:
  • ARDK version: 3.0
  • Unity version: 2022.3.4f1

Description of the issue:

Hi, since I updated Lightship to the new version I’m having problems with the AR Tracked Image Manager provided by ARFoundation.

Found the target doesn’t work with Lightship sdk + Google AR Core, but works with only Google AR Core.

Furthermore in the Lightship ARDK 3.0 has a Image Target for the Shared Space Manager, but no one for the experience without sharing.

There is bug about this? Or this feature is not implemented in the new ARDK?

I’m trying to use the SharedSpaceManager to create a ImageTarget.

This is my code:

private void OnEnable()
    {
        if (_sharedSpaceManager == null)
        {
            _infoDebug.text = "Sto aggiungendo lo SpaceManager\n";
            _sharedSpaceManager = GameObject.FindAnyObjectByType<SharedSpaceManager>();
            _infoDebug.text += _sharedSpaceManager != null ? "Aggiunto" : "Fallito";
        }

_sharedSpaceManager.sharedSpaceManagerStateChanged += OnColocalizationTrackingStateChanged;

generateShareExperience();

}

private void OnDisable()
    {
        _sharedSpaceManager.sharedSpaceManagerStateChanged -= OnColocalizationTrackingStateChanged;
    }

public void generateShareExperience()
    {
        var imageTrackingOptions = ISharedSpaceTrackingOptions.CreateImageTrackingOptions(
                    _targetImage, _targetImageSize);
        var roomOptions = ISharedSpaceRoomOptions.CreateLightshipRoomOptions(
            "prova",
            "image tracking colocalization demo"
        );

_sharedSpaceManager.StartSharedSpace(imageTrackingOptions, roomOptions);
    }

private void OnColocalizationTrackingStateChanged(SharedSpaceManager.SharedSpaceManagerStateChangeEventArgs args)
    {
        _infoDebug.text = "Qualcosa accade";

if (args.Tracking)
        {
            Instantiate(_objectToSpawn,
                   _sharedSpaceManager.SharedArOriginObject.transform, false);
        }
    }

But also in this case when I frame the target with the device, nothing happens

Hi Extesa,

I’m sorry to hear you’re having trouble using image tracking with Lightship. When you say it wasn’t working, were you receiving an error message? If not, could you please test again with development mode enabled and your device connected to your development computer to read output?

Kind Regards,
Maverick L.

I have same issue, I tried everything to figure out why ARTrackedImagesChangedEventArgs from AR foundation is not running, - no errors, no warninig in Logcat. If I switch to AR core plugin, everything works, please try it out.

Same here.

I had tried with ARDK 3.0.0, ARDK 3.0.1 and ARDK 3.0.2 with same issue. Changing several parameters in the Android “Other Settings” didn’t work neither.

Building the apk with ARCore works and playing it in Unity with XR Simulation also works.