ARDK + AR Foundation = gradle error

Include the following details (edit as applicable):

• Issue category: ARDK Documentation / Unity Example PackageDeveloper Tools / VPS
  • Device type & OS version: Android12 / iOS /
  • Host machine & OS version: Windows
  • Issue Environment : Unity Remote / Unity Mock / On Device / Dev Portal
  • Xcode version:
  • ARDK version:
  • Unity version: 2021.3.12f1

Description of the issue:

Hello,

When I proceeded with ARDK’s tutorial, the build went well with Android.

In that state, we added AR Foundation and built it, and there was a gradle error.

Can’t I use ARDK and AR Foundation together?

Thanks.

Hi Ha,
There was an update included in ARDK 2.3 that touches on the Gradle changes in Unity. If you’re not already working in 2.3 I’d try that first. If you’re on 2.3 already you might have to uninstall and reinstall to get Gradle reconnected. Please let me know if this works for you or if anything else comes up

Are you sure it’s that and not just ar foundation conflicting? I’ve seen others as well with issues when ardk is installed with ar foundation or the arkit/arcore packages seperately

When I only did ARDK, I succeeded in building without any problems.

Just my question is whether ARDK and AR Foundation can be used together or not.

I tried the Gradle 6.7.1 and 7.5.1 and many other versions, but they all failed.

Hi Ha, ARDK and AR Foundation have had trouble working together in the past, to the point where we don’t consider them compatible at this time. I will let our development side know about your interest in getting these to work together. Keep an eye on this forum and the Lightship Roadmap for progress on this front.

Thank you!