Include the following details while filing a bug report (edit as applicable):
- Issue category: Lightship Maps / Semantic Segmentation / Multiplayer / Real-time Mapping-Depth / ARDK Documentation / Unity Example Package / Sample App aka ‘AR Voyage’ / ARDK Virtual Studio Tools / Developer Tools / Networking / VPS /Scanning Framework
- Device type & OS version: iPad Pro 11th generation
- Host machine & OS version: Mac on 13.3.1 (a) (22E772610a)
- Issue Environment : On Device
- Xcode version:
- ARDK version: 2.5.1
- Unity version: 2020.3.1f1
Bug reproduction steps:
When we do a few continuous scans, creating a 3D model out of a real object. After few scans it will crash.
A few crashes a like
- folly::threadlocal_detail::StaticMeta<void, void>::onForkChild()
Hello M Mohan,
Unfortunately, iPads are not currently one of our supported devices. You can find our list of supported devices from our documentation here.
Please keep an eye on the Announcements page for future updates!
In your above reply, you gave this documentation link : Development and Runtime Requirements of ARDK — Niantic Lightship Augmented Reality Developer Kit release-2.5.2 documentation
I’m replying for the most of the system requirement questions.
ARDK is officially supported on Unity 2020 LTS and Unity 2021 LTS.
Tested with the above LTS versions.
The project was being implemented in 2020.3.1f1.
Also tested to 2021.3.xf1 LTS versions too.
The officially supported Scripting Runtime Version in Unity is .NET 4.x Equivalent.
Yes runtime version was set to 4.x
minimum version 13 : Yes, the version was set
Developing with ARDK requires Mac OS Big Sur or better. Mac OS Catalina and earlier are not supported.
Yes using Mac OS, Ventura latest one, included the latest Xcode too.
- Tested the application with iPad Pro 11th generation with iOS version 16.4.1 , as well as iphone 12 pro with iOS version 16.x.x.
Hello M Mohan,
While the system requirements you listed are accurate, we do not support iPad devices and are unable to provide guidance with them at this time. However, I see that you also notice these errors on the iPhone 12, so I will focus our support on that device.
Could you please describe the steps you took that caused the errors to appear? For instance, are you just using the sample scene, or did you create your own scene with edited scripts, etc? I have been unable to reproduce the errors you see on iPhone, so any details you could provide would be helpful in our troubleshooting.