Build error with Maps SDK + Localization package

  • Issue category: Lightship Maps
  • Host machine & OS version: Mac - Apple M1 Pro - Sonoma 14.3
  • Unity version: 2022.3.22 LTS

Bug reproduction steps:

I want to report an issue I discovered when using the Lightship Maps SDK in conjunction with the Unity Localization Package. To make it easily reproducible, I uploaded a simple demo project, in which I did nothing but follow the steps to reproduce: Dropbox - Lightship - Simplify your life

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a new Unity Project (2022.3.22 LTS) using the 3D URP template.
2. Add the Unity Localization package (1.45) to the project (Installation guide | Localization | 1.4.5) and set it up by
β†’ a. Creating one more locale via Edit β†’ Project Settings β†’ Localization
β†’ b. Setting up a Strings-Table via Window β†’ Asset Management β†’ Localization Tables
β†’ c. Create a new Adressables Group via Window β†’ Asset Management β†’ Adressables β†’ Groups β†’ Build β†’ New Build
3. Add the Lightship Maps SDK (0.4) to the project and specify an API key
4. Build the App once (aka doing a clean build) via File β†’ Build and Run. Outcome: The app will (most of the times) build without an issue
5. Build the App again (aka doing an incremental build via File β†’ Build and Run. Outcome: The Build will fail with a compiler error (Burst internal compiler error: Burst.Compiler.IL.CompilerException: Error while verifying module: DISubprogram attached to more than one function) A full error log can be found behind the dropbox link further up.

I did not find a way to work around this issue, apart from always doing a clean build (which is not practical in a real project).

Of note: Besides the described setup, I tested other permutations of the above steps. For example, the same issue occurs when

  • Building not for Desktop but for Android or iOS
  • Using the most recent Unity version (2023.2.15)
  • Using a prerelease version of the Localization Package (1.5.1)

Hello! I wanted to give you an update. A colleague and I were able to replicate the issue, and we found that the problem happens at Step 2b when generating tables/locales. We will continue looking into this and I will get back to you when we have additional information.

1 Like

Hello! After some testing, we discovered that updating the Burst version should fix your problem. Updating the Burst can be done by clicking **Window > Package Manager > Burst > Version History **then choosing which version you want to swap to. The specific subversion may depend on your Unity version, but I got it to build and run consistently using Burst version 1.8.13 with Unity version 2022.3.22.

Hej Josh!
I just updated the Burst compiler and can confirm that this fixes the issue.
I got to say, I’m pretty impressed by how quickly you responded and resolved the issue, thank you so much!

This topic was automatically closed 2 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

That’s awesome! Glad to hear that you got it working on your end!