Camera passthrough weird colors when URP Post Processing Grading Mode is on High Dynamic Range

Include the following details while filing a bug report (edit as applicable):

• Issue category: ARDK
  • Device type & OS version: Android 12
  • Host machine & OS version: Windows 10
  • Issue Environment : On Device
  • ARDK version: 1.3
  • Unity version: 2021.3.0f1

Bug reproduction steps:
Make URP ARDK scene
Enable post processing and bloom
In the URP asset put Grading Mode to HDR

Made a previous post thinking it was the post processing itself, but found out it is color grading:

Using the shaders from:

I know the camera feed is SDR, but post processing should not be able to mess this up this much

Hey Dylan,

Could you send us any more information you might have? Specifically, some screenshots would be great. I would like to see what you are seeing. Even a video would work. Also have there been any changes in your code at all? Please let us know so we can assist you further.

1 Like

Here are 2 images comparing both post processing grading mode. There is no actual post processing applied, it’s just enabled on the camera with an empty volume.
I changed no code related to rendering.
My device is a Sony Xperia 1 II

If you need any more info let me know

Here is a project with the bug active for me (color grading on HDR)

@Dylan_Smit thank you! We’re following up on this internally.

1 Like

Any updates on that? facing the same problem here.

Tried to increade the threshold as you pointed out but it didn’t work out.

No, hdr post processing breaks the camera feed still on 1.3.1

How do you change to LDR post processing?

I feel I’m using LDR and still not working

In the URP settings scroll down to post processing

Thanks for the fast reply! can’t seem to find any settings related to that. These are my graphics settings:

cheers

Click on the URP asset file at the top of that menu. There are your URP settings

I created a new URP asset disabling HDR and setting postprocessing to LDR but still getting that bloom in the camera feed.

Is this the asset selected in both Graphics and Quality (ios and android quality of there are multiple) in project settings?

Hello everyone – apologies for the delayed response.

We were able to recreate the effect using both LDR and HDR techniques in a URP-enabled Unity project. I’ve confirmed with the team that the camera feed being affected by post-processing effects (such as bloom in this instance) is expected behavior.

ARDK doesn’t currently ship with shaders that allow for excluding the camera feed from post-processing effects. However, the exposed nature of the development kit allows for replacing the default shaders with your own custom substitutes to achieve that effect, such as the pair of replacement shaders by Joshua that are linked in the associated post above.

The issue is that the colors are still weird when there is no post processing. Setting the grading profile already messes with the camera feed