Character's Collider interfere with MeshNavigation causes character to jump around

Include the following details (edit as applicable):

• Issue category: Character Navigation / Real-time Mapping-Depth / Scanning Framework
  • Device type & OS version: iOS / Other Ex. iPhone 13 on iOS 17
  • Host machine & OS version: Mac
  • Issue Environment : On Device
  • Xcode version: 15
  • ARDK version: 3.0
  • Unity version: 2022.3.12f1

Description of the issue:
Character’s Collider interfere with Navigation causes character to jump around.

Hello,

I’ve been trying to implement the ability for the character to pick up an object which works fine with OnTriggerEnter() and eventhough the collider (tried both capsule and box colliders) is ticked as a “Trigger” it seem to interfere with the Navigation using LightshipNavMeshManager and the navigation script based on the tutorial in the ARDK 3.0 Creature Navigation documentation. If I turn off the collider or set the collider high enough on the character it works fine but it would be too high to interact with the other objects to be collected.

I’m wondering what would be the best course of action or is there something I’m not aware of to implement this function. Did it the same way I did with ARDK 2.5 but doesn’t seem to be the way here.

Thank you!

Hi Ham,

If you’re finding that the navigation works properly with the collider disabled, I’d recommend moving your interact system to operate on its own layer so the navigation mesh manager will ignore it. Check out “Layer-based collision detection” in Unity’s manual: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/LayerBasedCollision.html#:~:text=In%20the%20Unity%20menu%20bar,other%20layers%20by%20checking%20them

Kind Regards,
Maverick L.