Extreme camera jitter on iPhone 14 Pro on iOS 16?

The camera feed is extremely jittery when using the new iPhone 14 Pro on iOS 16. This is with the standard AR Camera that’s included in the prefab provided by ARDK. I have no issues with this on an iPhone 12 Pro running iOS 15 as well as all android phones. Has anyone else experienced this?

My guess is that it’s constantly alternating between images from 2 different cameras on the iPhone 14 Pro, because the angle of the image keeps changing

There’s an open issue on Unity’s AR Foundation github that has a similar description of this problem, and for that it seems like it affects iPhone 12 Pro as well on iOS 16. Though there are conflicting reports…

Link to issue: When running on iOS 16 the camera feed is unstable (shaky and jittery) when multi-threaded rendering is enabled · Issue #988 · Unity-Technologies/arfoundation-samples · GitHub

Hello @Kang-An!

This is a known issue as of the 2.3.0 release, and you can resolve the jittery camera feed by navigating to Project Settings > Player > Other Settings and disabling Multithreaded Rendering.

Additionally, you may want to keep an eye on our release notes page here to stay up to date with the latest features and fixes.

@rob_link hi rob thanks for the workaround. It does solve my problem for now. Am I right to say that a fix for this should come in future ARDK updates?

Yes, the issue of a jittery camera when multithreaded rendering is enabled should be addressed in a future ARDK release.