• Issue category: VPS
  • Device type & OS version: Android
  • Host machine & OS version: Windows
  • Issue Environment :
  • Xcode version:
  • ARDK version:
  • Unity version:

Description of the issue:

I have got “ERROR: Unable to request a Vps Activation” on a number of wayspots I’ve been scanning. Looking at posts 2-3months ago it seemed people were having the same problem. Is it just a backlog of requests? After I go back to the wayspot it’s available to activate again, but obviously gives the same message.

Hello RidM,

Niantic has implemented a rate limit to the number of on-demand activations that their system processes. Please note that this rate limit will only impact VPS activations or re-activations of POIs in both the Geospatial Browser and the Wayfarer App. Once that limit has been reached, you will see that error when attempting to activate a location. When this happens, please try activating again at a different time.

Hi Stacy, thanks for your response. I have been trying that for the last two days with no change, always gives the error message. How long should I expect to try for typically?

Another day and I still have the same issue. It did it the first time I tried to activate the wayspot. So doesn’t seem like a rate limit issue to me.

Very happy to say they have all appeared now. Clicking them the once the first time was probably enough to put them in the queue? But could do with clearer messaging if possible as I was panicking there was a fundamental error my end.

This topic was automatically closed 2 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.