Include the following details (edit as applicable):

• Issue category: Scanning Framework
  • Device type & OS version: iOS
  • Host machine & OS version: Mac on Sonoma 14.0
  • Issue Environment : Unity Build
  • Xcode version:
  • ARDK version: 2.5
  • Unity version: 2022.3.10f1

Description of the issue: How do I turn off geolocation? I don’t need to track the user’s location. I just need a scan. Please help me with this question

1 Like

Hello Denis,

In order to use LocationServices on iOS 10+, the ‘Location Usage Description’ box in the Player Settings > iOS > Other Settings panel must be filled out. If location permission has not yet been granted, the permission request popup will automatically be launched by iOS when Start is called. So if you leave the ‘Location Usage Description’ box blank and don’t give location permission when it pops up on the device, you will not use the user’s location. However, please note that if any part of your experience relies on location, this will make the experience fail.

That didn’t seem to answer the initial question about a scenario that doesn’t need the user’s Location. I have initial starting coordinates configured to a place I want, and when I play in Editor it brings up the location I want to show. I am building for the Apple Vision Pro, and everything works except that it requires Location, which the Vision Pro doesn’t have. How do we remove anything that asks the device for Location?