Is there a way to get the position in the Unity coordinate system of the generated mesh using the Scanning feature?

Hello,
I am currently trying out the Scanning function.

I would like to overlay the generated mesh from the scan with the real environment.
Can I get the origin position of the generated mesh in the Unity coordinate system?

Thanks.

Hello,

The event ScanProcessed will allow you to access the origin of a scan. You can check out step 4 of our documentation on scanning framework for more information. There are just a few changes to the event that are currently not reflected in the documentation that you should take note of:

• The function that subscribed to the ScanProcessed event, ScanResultHandler, only takes in one argument and should read private void ScanResultHandler(IScanner.ScanProcessedArgs args)
  • The TexturedMesh you see being used in step 4 can be accessed via args.TexturedMesh
  • The centerPosition, which is the origin you’re referring to, can be accessed via args.center and is no longer being passed in as a separate argument like the documentation currently indicates
1 Like

I just confirmed that my app works correctly using args.Center.

Thank you for your reply.

This topic was automatically closed 2 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

You’re welcome! Glad to hear you got it up and running.