Is there android permission manager for 3.1?

Include the following details (edit as applicable):

• Issue category: VPS
  • Device type & OS version: Android 13
  • Host machine & OS version: Windows 11
  • Issue Environment : On Device
  • Xcode version:
  • ARDK version: 3.1
  • Unity version: 2022.3

Description of the issue: Lightship VPS is working fine when exported as apk for testing by sideloading in mobile device. it clearly asking for location permission and camera permission while installing as apk. but when deploying to play console as Android app bundle for internal testing, it asking only for location permission and not asking for camera permission. am i doing anything wrong. when doing so the AR scene went black since the camera permission is not asked and it is not resolved even after forcefully giving camera permission via permission settings in android app settings. and my question is where is the Android permission manager for 3.1? i doesnt able to find it in this latest SDK. app is working fine when exporting as APK and sideloading for testing.

Hello,

ARDK 3 uses Unity’s permission manager. It sounds like the issue might be on the play console side of things which we unfortunately wouldn’t be able to assist with. I’d recommend maybe reaching out to someone on that end.

On that case is there any specific steps to check when using ARDK3 to publish on Play Store ? Am I missing anything?.

1. Is custom manifest is still required for ARDK3? I doesn’t created one since the app is working fine when exported as APK and side loaded for testing

2. actually I upgraded from 3.0.0 to 3.1.0, is there any specific steps to migrate from 3.0.0 to 3.1.0?

3. what will be the reason for this since it’s showing black screen when downloading from playstore but working fine then locally sideloaded the same project build as APK?

Was stuckup for past couple of days in this step just to figure out these

Finally found solution for aab packages, unchecked split binary and unchecked Minify Release. Now the app is working fine without any Black screen

This topic was automatically closed 2 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Glad to hear that you were able to get this resolved :slight_smile: