Lightship VPS Scavenger Hunt (Developing Bespoke VPS Experiences)

Include the following details (edit as applicable):

• Issue category: Semantic Segmentation / Multiplayer / Real-time Mapping-Depth / ARDK Documentation / Unity Example Package / Sample App aka ‘AR Voyage’ / ARDK Virtual Studio Tools / Developer Tools / Networking / VPS
  • Device type & OS version: Android / iOS / Other Ex. iPhone 8+ on iOS 13
  • Host machine & OS version: Mac / Windows / Linux / Other Ex. Mac on Big Sur x.x
  • Issue Environment : Unity Remote / Unity Mock / On Device / Dev Portal
  • Xcode version:
  • ARDK version: 2.2.1
  • Unity version: 2022.1.19

Description of the issue:

Hello!
I am trying to develop an AR app that allows users to utilize a VPS Coverage Map in order to navigate to specific real-life locations, localize against the location, and finally spawn an AR scene at that location that users can interact with (i.e. Find a hidden treasure chest and open it to view its contents).

Basically, I am looking for STEP-BY-STEP guidance, templates, examples, scripts, etc.
Anything that can help me tackle this sort of project. I have browsed through the Lightship documentation, but I would greatly appreciate it if someone can provide me with the “Lightship For Dummies” instructions :grinning:
Please let me know if any further details are needed, Thanks!

Hello! For a how-to on spawning an interactive scene with interactable objects I’d recommend walking through the Placement Tutorial and, for more advanced features, the Gameboard Tutorial. Then, to bring it together in AR I’d suggest checking out the Lightship VPS guides. They will show you how to navigate to specific real-life locations and to localize against them. If you run into problems in your implementation, please check back with this forum and we can direct you to more specific information. Good luck!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.