Need with direction for creating a Turn Based Multiplayer Shared AR experience

Before I go down a :rabbit: hole, I would appreciate any help with some direction I am wanting to create a “turn-based” AR game using Lightship

People can drop objects in areas and other people can view and interact with the objects.

ie it doesn’t have to be in real time, purely “turn-based” Not sure if I should got the Multiplayer direction using SharedAR (location manager) Is this overkill?

Eg of a user story:

1. I open app and browse my local area
  2. I then Drop (spawn) an Object
  3. The next day, another user browses the same area and see the objects I dropped and picks them up

Isn’t it easier to Place Objects and store the location / info in an online DB?

I am using this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9v7_59uP7s Do you think this is the right direction or is there something a bit more simpler? Also can you suggest any more up to date tutorials?

I am also trying Emoji Garden, however it’s a pain to get started, there is always errors.

Include the following details (edit as applicable):

• Issue category: Multiplayer
  • Device type & OS version: Android
  • Host machine & OS version: Mac
  • Issue Environment : On Device
  • Xcode version:
  • ARDK version: 3
  • Unity version: 2022.3.81

Description of the issue:

Hi Gary,

If you aren’t creating a real-time experience where more than one device is in the same “session” i.e. having the same augmented reality experience concurrently, you could get away with serializing JSON data (https://lightship.dev/docs/ardk/how-to/ar/serialize_runtime_scenes/) to save what objects are spawned at a location on our servers without using Shared AR features.

Kind regards,
Maverick L.

1 Like

Ahh it looks like the “VpsSceneSerialization” sample is missing, any idea where to find this?

Unfortunately that sample has still not been committed to the samples repository and I’m not sure when it will be; however, you should be able to get serialization and deserialization implemented with the provided how-to articles as they’re written. Please let me know if you have any specific questions regarding how to get serialization set up.

Ok please let me know if you hear of any serialisation tutorials