Remote feature doesn't work

• Issue category: ARDK Virtual Studio Tools
  • Device type & OS version: Android 13
  • Host machine & OS version: Windows
  • Issue Environment : Unity Remote
  • ARDK version: 2.4.1
  • Unity version: 2020.3.33f1

Description of the issue:
I try to connect my Android phone to the Unity Editor using the Remote feature so I can test the examples with my phone without building, but it doesn’t seem to work.

Bug reproduction steps:
Have built the ARDK Remote Feed app.
Run the ARDK Remote Feed on the phone, it is blue saying “Waiting for connection…”
Use the ImageDetection scene from the ARDKExamples
ARSceneManager game object-> Runtime Environment: Remote
Console window → connect to correct ip of the phone → ARDK Remote Feed turns green and says “Connected to editor!”
Virtual Studio window → Remote tab
Press Run in Editor → the Remote tab says “Connected” in green
Press button “Run AR” in Editor’s game window
ARDK Remote Feed turns black with the “ARSession” in white bold but doesn’t connect to the Editor, for example there is no camera feed from the phone to track the image.

Hey George,

Thank you for reaching out. All your steps look correct, we will see what we can replicate on our end. May I also know the device you’re building to?

Hello Jesus,

I’m building to a Samsung S20FE.

Hello, while we weren’t able to reproduce this exact same issue with Unity 2020 and ARDK 2.4.1, we were able to get something similar with Unity 2021 and 2.4.2 so we will look into this and see what we can find

Hello George,

I just wanted to provide an update on this issue. I have successfully used it in ARDK 2.5.2. I would recommend upgrading if you haven’t and let me know if it works for you