SELinux Warning During Processing state with Scanning Framework on Android Devices

• Issue category: Scanning Framework
  • Device type & OS version: Android (xiaomi redmi note 12 pro)
  • Issue Environment : On Device
  • ARDK version: 2.5
  • Unity version: 2021.3.29f1
    Description of the issue:
    While processing a scan with detail mode, high mesh & texture quality, the processing is incredible long (10+ minutes) compared to on iOS. I noticed that the following warning is logged frequently during the processing state:
2024-02-26 12:20:18.332 21258 21258 Warn Thread-14 type=1400 audit(0.0:416126): avc: denied { getattr } for name="dmabuf:" dev="dmabuf" ino=1 scontext=u:r:untrusted_app:s0:c86,c257,c512,c768 tcontext=u:object_r:unlabeled:s0 tclass=filesystem permissive=0

The warning seems to be related to high-performance tasks performed by the ARDK. Does the ARDK require specific configurations or permissions on Android to prevent such SELinux warnings?

Thanks.

Hi Arvid,

I looked into this and from what I gathered from the Xiaomi Redmi 12 Pro is that it’s running a Mali G68 which is not as capable as the minimal recommended chipset which would be a Mali G-72. If you happen to have a device that has a Mali G-72 or newer, (or if it’s running an Adreno, the Adreno 630 or newer), I would recommend testing it out on that device as well to see if you’re getting similar or better processing times.

May I also know what iPhone you used to compare the processing times?

Thanks. I just noticed your android minimal requirement documentation. I tested on three different Androids (xiaomi redmi note 12 pro, CE2 Lite 5G & Nord 2 5G) whereas only one worked fine (Nord 2 5G) which made sense because that’s the only one with a GPU matching your requirement list.

This topic was automatically closed 2 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.