VPS-activated location mesh much smaller than in real life

• Issue category: Niantic Wayfarer 3.1.0.cafe174
  • Device type & OS version: iOS
  • Host machine & OS version: iPhone 11 on iOS 16.6.1
  • Unity Versionh: 2022.3.10f1

Description of the issue:

I’ve created a private location and configured everything in my Unity project as described in " How to Place Content in Real-World Locations Using Location AR" section in the documentation and enabled “Include Mesh in Build” toggle in my AR Location component. But for some reason, location mesh and AR objects appear much smaller than the real location, like they’ve been downscaled (see attachment). The actual mesh (in red rectangle) in comparison with real size location.

Hi Anastasiia,

Since everything appears to be downscaled when you run your app on device, have you tried manipulating the scale of your XR Origin? That should give you the expected result.

Here’s a good article about scaling with ARFoundation (relevant as ARFoundation and Lightship go hand-in-hand now):

https://forum.unity.com/threads/scaling-with-arfoundation.543953/

Kind Regards,
Maverick L.

Thank you for the response and for sharing the article!

I was indeed using scaling to fix the problem but not the XR Origin but the AR Location itself, since the XR Origin anchor seems to be placed and scaled correctly. I was concerned that I missed some step steps or something and that’s why my AR content was so small, but it seems that scaling is the way to go)