VPS centimeter-level accuracy?

How can the centimeter accuracy be achieved when the Lat Long of the meshes are expressed with only two decimal places?

According to this wikipedia article 2 decimal places is only 1.11 KM accurate?
http://wiki.gis.com/wiki/index.php/Decimal_degrees

Screen Shot 2022-10-10 at 5.55.15 PM

Hey Steve,
I might be misunderstanding the question but first let me clarify one thing, the geospatial browser sometimes truncates the values to 2 or 3 decimals but the values actually go to 5-7 (some show more but I think this is a visual bug), you can see the actual Lat Long by clicking the “copy” button next to the coordinates on the geospatial browser and just pasting it, for example, for this wayspot though it only shows 3 decimals the actual values are: 47.612224, -122.202586

Also, turns out there is another visual bug there with the latitude being duplicated instead of showing the longitude… will look into that.

Let me know if that answered your question tho.

Another thing I’d like to point out tho, is that the Latitude and Longitude is not really used in VPS in a significant way, it’s is mostly there as reference to the map and as a bit of optimization when localizing.
he cm level of accuracy comes after localization at which point a new set of coordinates is created in relation to the Wayspot at which point it’s all computer vision, no GPS or Lan Long values are considered.