• Device type & OS version: ´ iOS
  • Host machine & OS version: Mac M1 16GB ram, Ventura 13.1
  • Issue Environment : Unity Remote / Unity Mock
  • Xcode version:
  • ARDK version: 2.4.2
  • Unity version: 2021.3.16f1
    RP : URP

Bug reproduction steps:

Hi, I’m trying to get ARDK 2.4.2. running however I immediately receive the error message below. I then removed 2.4.2. and imported 2.3.2 and it worked out of the box (Mock Environments). I use URP & Mock Environments. The Scene is just a blank scene URP / Mobile / iOS with only ARDK imported.

Happy for any help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Tobias_Reidl!

Thanks for raising this. I was able to reproduce this issue and it seems like this is a bug. I’ve let the team know and will be sure to keep you posted with updates.

1 Like

Hi!

I have had the same issue. You can deploy it by removing the call to _InitializeNativeLibraries(); (around line 59) in the !REQUIRE_MANUAL_STARTUP method.

I tested it, and it worked both in the Playback mode and on my IPhone 13.

Bests

3 Likes

@Josef_Waschlab Thanks for posting this work-around!

thank you mate will give it a try :slight_smile:

Same problem here: I followed the Building ARDK Apps for iOS tutorial, and got stuck in running the LowLevelNetworking scene as suggested with runtime environment on “Live Device”.

When pressing play:

#Niantic.ARDK.Internals.StartupSystems#: _nativeHandle is not null, _InitializeNativeLibraries is called twice
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object)
Niantic.ARDK.Utilities.Logging.UnityARLogHandler:Error (string) (at Assets/ARDK/Utilities/Logging/LogHandler/UnityARLogHandler.cs:41)
Niantic.ARDK.Utilities.Logging.ARLog:_Error (string) (at Assets/ARDK/Utilities/Logging/ARLog.cs:198)
Niantic.ARDK.Internals.StartupSystems:_InitializeNativeLibraries () (at Assets/ARDK/Internals/StartupSystems.cs:113)
Niantic.ARDK.Internals.StartupSystems:_StandardStartup () (at Assets/ARDK/Internals/StartupSystems.cs:86)
Niantic.ARDK.Internals.StartupSystems:Startup () (at Assets/ARDK/Internals/StartupSystems.cs:70)

When clicking the Init button:

#Niantic.ARDK.VirtualStudio.Networking._MockNetworkingSessionsMediator#: While VirtualStudio is running mock networks, only other mock networking instances can be initialized.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object)
Niantic.ARDK.Utilities.Logging.UnityARLogHandler:Error (string) (at Assets/ARDK/Utilities/Logging/LogHandler/UnityARLogHandler.cs:41)
Niantic.ARDK.Utilities.Logging.ARLog:_Error (string) (at Assets/ARDK/Utilities/Logging/ARLog.cs:198)
Niantic.ARDK.VirtualStudio.Networking._MockNetworkingSessionsMediator:HandleAnyInitialized (Niantic.ARDK.Networking.MultipeerNetworkingEventArgs.AnyMultipeerNetworkingInitializedArgs) (at Assets/ARDK/VirtualStudio/Networking/_MockNetworkingSessionsMediator.cs:204)
Niantic.ARDK.Networking.MultipeerNetworkingFactory:_InvokeNetworkingInitialized (Niantic.ARDK.Networking.IMultipeerNetworking,bool) (at Assets/ARDK/Networking/MultipeerNetworkingFactory.cs:251)
Niantic.ARDK.Networking.MultipeerNetworkingFactory:Create (Niantic.ARDK.RuntimeEnvironment,Niantic.ARDK.Networking.ServerConfiguration,System.Guid) (at Assets/ARDK/Networking/MultipeerNetworkingFactory.cs:113)
Niantic.ARDK.Networking.MultipeerNetworkingFactory:Create (Niantic.ARDK.RuntimeEnvironment,System.Guid) (at Assets/ARDK/Networking/MultipeerNetworkingFactory.cs:62)
Niantic.ARDK.Extensions.NetworkSessionManager:Create () (at Assets/ARDK/Extensions/NetworkSessionManager.cs:214)
Niantic.ARDK.Extensions.NetworkSessionManager:InitializeImpl () (at Assets/ARDK/Extensions/NetworkSessionManager.cs:116)
Niantic.ARDK.Extensions.UnityLifecycleDriver:Initialize () (at Assets/ARDK/Extensions/UnityLifecycleDriver.cs:132)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.ugui@1.0.0/Runtime/EventSystem/EventSystem.cs:501)

Unity 2021.3.16f
ARDK 2.4.2
Macbook M1 2020
OSX Ventura 13.1

Hi all! Update: There will be a fix for this in a future release. Until then please give @Josef_Waschlab’s work around a try and let us know if you run into any other issues.

Hi, I’d love to give the SDK a run, but still have the same problem, no updates since beginning of march, now beginning of june…
I also tried to download the Map SDK. Can’t even import the .tgz via “Add package from tarball” as instructed…

I recently upgraded to 2.5.2 an don’t have this issue anymore. So in later versions it is fine

1 Like

Yes 2.5.2 as well and still have the problem… bummer…
thnx for the reply!

Hi there @Mike_van_der_Noordt, just checking that the repro steps and environment details are all still the same except now you’re using ardk 2.5.2. Also, are the errors exactly the same as before?

For the maps problem you were running into, would you mind creating a separate post for it?