Include the following details while filing a bug report (edit as applicable):

• Issue category: ARDK Virtual Studio Tools
  • Device type & OS version: Android / iOS / Other Ex. iPhone 8+ on iOS 13
  • Host machine & OS version: Mac only, macOS Monterey 12.5.1
  • Issue Environment : Unity Editor
  • ARDK version: 2.2.0
  • Unity version: 2021.3.4f1 (Silicon)

Bug reproduction steps:

When updating from ARDK 2.0.0 to 2.2.0 the game window on Mac behaves strange. It seems that the camera image is squeezed dependent on which aspect ration for the game window is chosen. This makes it quite difficult to interact with the scene. Happens in the game window and the device simulator. Also tried to edit the field of view settings but the outcome was unchanged. Seems to also only happen to Mac since my colleagues on windows did not experience this issue. Please see the images attached. It is interesting that only the camera seems to be squeezed since the ui appears to be correct. This first appeared in this ardk version.

How the scene should look like(made with free aspect):

Device simulator view:

Game View 16:9 Portrait:

Hello Daniel,

I tried but was unable to reproduce the issue that you are seeing.

Can you please confirm how you updated your project to 2.2.0? Did you delete all your old 2.0.0 files? If not this could be what is causing your project to malfunction.

To upgrade and get everything to work properly, you must delete all the previous ARDK folders, and make sure you have imported all the packages for ARDK 2.2.0 Ver. from your Lightship dashboard under downloads. Please refer this for more information.

Let me know if it works.

Thanks.

Yes I can confirm that we upgraded everything properly. The strange thing is that this do not happen to all of our team - just to me. I am also the only one working on an M1 MacBook Pro.

Hello Daniel,

This is a known issue.
Can you please try to modify the MathUtils.cs script? Specifically, try to comment out lines 562-564, and add a statement that read, return ScreenOrientation.Portrait as shown below,

Let me know if it works.
Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks for the detailed and so nicely coloured hint :wink: It works - but I still hope on a fix in an upcoming version :smiley:

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 2 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.