Include the following details (edit as applicable):

• Issue category: Sample Example of ARDK 2.5
  • Device type & OS version: Android Samsung A14
  • Host machine & OS version: Windows
  • Issue Environment : Android
  • ARDK version: 2.5
  • Unity version: 2022

Description of the issue:
I am trying out the new ARDK 2.5’s new Scanning framework, but as I deploy it and scan my object the generated scan is quite strange and it’s not 3d. I am attaching an image reference of the generated scan with it.

Thanks in Advance

Hi, thanks for your question. To generate an object scan, you need to change the scan setting to Detail mode. The ARDK example is using Area mode, which is better for scanning areas. See details here: Scanning Settings — Niantic Lightship Augmented Reality Developer Kit release-2.5.1 documentation

Thanks for the reply,
Yeah that was the problem, i got the scan now but how to clip out the background as shown in the Demo?

I found similar issue and your response with GroundRemover script here can you tell me where to put this script and how to call it to remove the background?

Hi,

You can use the code on the processed mesh to crop out the ground. See step 4 in the documentation on how to handle processed scan mesh result.
Note that the sample code uses some heuristics to remove the ground only, and we currently don’t provide a feature for cropping or background removal. The best practice we recommend is to set the desired range and place the object so that no other objects get into the scanned range. Hope that helps!

Hi Shreya,

Just checking in on your post. Are you still experiencing any issues or is everything going well at the moment?