Lightship React Native

Hey there fellow devs,

I’m currently working on a React Native project and I’m itching to get some Niantic Lightship magic into it. Unfortunately, there are no Lightship packages ready-made for React Native at the moment.

Here’s what I’ve been up to: I created a Unity app with Lightship and tried to squeeze it into my React Native project. I followed the accepted answer steps in this post: Embedding Lightship in Native iOS and Android Apps. But, it seems things have changed, and Unity doesn’t export those necessary frameworks anymore. I still gave it a shot, but no dice.

So, I’m wondering if anyone out there has managed to make Unity Lightship work with React Native lately? It would be super awesome to have some Lightship packages tailor-made for RN.

Thanks a bunch!

Hello Kevin,

Officially, ARDK and Maps doesn’t support React Native as it’s only meant to work with Unity and deploy to iOS or Android. We did have a couple resources from this Embedding in React Native Application post that may be helpful, but I encourage other developers who have worked with React Native to talk about their experiences as well!