Semantic Occlusion

• Issue category: Semantic Segmentation
  • Device type & OS version: iOS
  • Host machine & OS version: OSX Montery
  • Issue Environment : On Device / Dev Portal
  • ARDK version: 1.2
  • Unity version: 2020.3.30

Description of the issue:

Hello! I’ve enjoying working with ARDK so for a few weeks and have got semantic segmentation working to detect the sky in a texture, so it whites it out as per the tutorial. Question, I’m looking to occlude objects in the sky area only, similar to the example near the bottom of this page “Using Semantic Data”: Niantic AR Development Kit (ARDK): Semantic Segmentation

They show a script that I can’t seem to find in the examples:

sky_segmentation_inspector

What is the best way to go about creating an object that only shows up in the sky segment, on top of the shader texture that is whiting out the sky? Preferably not behind the shader but the object would still be occluded when not in the sky area.

Hello Jeremy,

Near the bottom of the page you provided, “Using Semantic Data”: Niantic AR Development Kit (ARDK): Semantic Segmentation, there is a link for Occluding Virtual Content. The **Using ScreenSpaceMesh **section in the middle of that page goes through the steps of how to suppress semantic channels to occlude objects only in certain areas.

The DepthMeshOcclusionHelper script is named DepthMeshOcclusionManager in the examples.

Hello Jeremy,

It’s been a few days since your last reply. Since we haven’t heard back, please open a new topic_ _if you are still experiencing issues.