Include the following details (edit as applicable):
- Issue category: Lightship Maps
- Device type & OS version: Android / iOS
- Host machine & OS version: Mac
- Issue Environment : On Device
- Xcode version: 15.0.1
- ARDK version:
- Unity version: 2023.1.19f1
Description of the issue:
In our game, we are making backend requests based on the user’s location as soon as the map is loaded. However, these backend requests are currently set to be made after the map is loaded. The issue we are facing is that the map initially opens at the default location coordinates and then teleports to the user’s actual location. We want the map to start directly at the user’s location. When the page is first opened, 48 tiles are loaded, but after the teleport, 48 onmaptileload and onmaptileremove requests are triggered, causing unnecessary load.
To address the issue, we have tried the following:
- Set the “Start at default location” parameter to false. Result: The map did not load at all.
- Added an interim login screen to obtain the user’s location before opening the map page and tried to pass the parameter in the scene redirection. Result: Objects we wanted to create on the map appeared for both the initial default location and the user’s location, creating a significant backend load.
we tried this code on awake method lightship script.