Unable to Import ARDK on M1 Based MacBook Pro

Having the same issue using a mac mini m1 16gb.

Hello all, Iā€™m still having issues getting the ARDK to work in Unity even with the workaround. Is there any ETA on when we would have a solid build or even release for M1 developers?
Much appreciated.
Thanks

Or is there anybody who has had success building a project for iOS on a M1 Mac using 2021.2.3f1?

Has it worked for you on 2021.2.0f1? I havenā€™t got the newer version on my Macbook yet, but havenā€™t had issues with 2021.2.0f1. Or you could try the other workaround of deleting the ARDK\Plugins\unity_exports\ardk_client_platform\Plugins\MacOS folder?

What is the issue youā€™re having? Is it still the black screen one? Or issues building the app?

I actually was able to build on my M1 Mac in 2021.2.3f1.

Glad to be finally enjoying the power of the ARDK!

Now my first impression is that the typical image and floor tracking are pretty much in par with what I was getting in AR foundation before (which frankly has never been that great, btw Iā€™ve been developping on iOS for recent ipads mostly). Iā€™m a little disappointed as I was hopping to get a better tracking result overall with Lightship knowing this is intended for real world use cases where the realism of the experience relies a lot on the quality of the tracking (along with things like occlusion, etc.).

How comes Vuforia is able to get such good tracking quality including on 3D objects and Lightship ARDK is not at least matching that level? (Sorry to be blunt just trying to get to the point).

@Patrick_Catanzariti would love to hear your thoughts on your roadmap for improving real world large area tracking or if there are any hidden features I missed to be able to benefit from a similar approch like the Area Targets in Vuforia (or if itā€™s possible to combine Vuforia with Lightship in that regards)

Thanks

@Arnaud_Paris Sorry, I missed this last week! Iā€™m not part of the Niantic team, so I wouldnā€™t have access to the roadmap for all that sort of thing. @halihoyt and others at Niantic might be able to help you there (but probably best to start a new thread on this topic)

Hi Arnaud,
We could support through Lightship forums only. May I ask you to create a new topic up in the Lightship forums?
We appreciate your understanding.
Thanks.

I attempted to run ARDK with 2021.2.3f1 on my M1 mac and Unity is unfortunately still crashing.

In the recent release notes (v1.1.0, 2021-12-08), it says thereā€™s a work-around for M1. Has anyone figured this out?

If it doesnā€™t work out of the box, thereā€™s this fix which Iā€™ve used before which has gotten it to work on my M1 Mac: M1 Support Workaround - have you got that in your project too?

Iā€™m currently on 2021.2.7f1 on the latest M1 Macbook Pro and have gotten it to work with that fix. Iā€™m not sure if the fix itself is in the actual ARDK in that versionā€¦ but itā€™s worth a try if you havenā€™t already :slight_smile: Let me know how you go!