• Device type & OS version: iOS
  • Host machine & OS version: Mac
  • Issue Environment : Unity Remote
  • Xcode version: 13.3
  • ARDK version: 2.0
  • Unity version: 2019.4.34

Description of the issue:

Hi, Yuki here.
I just downloaded the updated ARDK version 2.0 file, and I created a new Unity project.
Once I imported the new ARDK file, the Unity console prompts these 2 errors:

After that, I added the ‘Resources’ folder in the Assets, upon right-click to the create function, there isn’t any ARDK tab for me to add in the authentication file.
I have also deleted the extra resources folder in the ARDK examples.

Please help :")

Both lines use this operator: ??=
Not sure, but i guess this is maybe a newer one, which is not supported by your C# or .NET version, because you are using Unity 2019.4.
Is it an option for you to use a later Unity version?
Else you could also maybe change the Projects settings/Player/Other Settings/Configuration part.

These settings work for me (but it’s on Unity 2022.1)
configuration

1 Like

Hello Yuki,

I was able to reproduce your errors using Unity 2019.4.34. As @BBIT-Solutions suggested, you are seeing these errors because this version of Unity is no longer officially supported by ARDK.

To resolve your issue, please use at least Unity 2020.3 when using ARDK. I tested with Unity 2020.32, 2021.32, and 2022.1 with no errors. You will also be able to right-click and see the ARDK tab to add your ArdkAuthConfig once you update to a newer Unity version.

Please be sure to check our Announcements page to keep up to date on ARDK releases and Unity compatibility. Thank you!

2 Likes

Hi @BBIT-Solutions and @Stacy_Clifton,

thank you for your replies, and the ardk 2.0 works after i updated my unity version to 2020.34!!
:blush: